About the Collective
The Symmetry Collective is a community of practice among entrepreneurs and businesses that can lean on each other for professional services, collective business development and project collaboration. We are committed to a common set of principles of working together: Brains, Guts & Heart.
These entrepreneurs/businesses operate in a socially responsible manner and have shared values of collaboration, supporting our collective success, and striving toward the highest of ethical standards for the communication and affiliated professions. They also have a shared value of giving back to the communities where they operate and look for opportunities to engage with one another through social responsibility initiatives.
Contact us if you are interested in joining.
Tom Hovland – Northern Talent
Tom is a public engagement specialist with more than 10 years of experience. By guiding tough conversations between governments, businesses and citizens, he helps groups build relationships and make decisions. He has worked on city-shaping public infrastructure projects, local community plans and far-reaching provincial policies by involving people in important decisions that affect their lives, working with publics ranging from small groups to populations of thousands.
Tom is a leader who connects people and ideas through creative and flexible engagement. He wholeheartedly believes that tension, well-managed using curiosity and kindness, leads to better decisions for all involved.
- University of Saskatchewan graduate
- Holds several credentials and memberships in the field, including training in International Association for Public Participation: Planning, Facilitation Techniques, and Opposition and Outrage in P2
- Member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Institute in Alberta with training in Communications and Mediation in ADR
- Seasoned facilitator with experience in high tension engagement planning
- Strong understanding of municipal and provincial governments
- Extensive experience working on major infrastructure projects
Facts about Engagement:
- Engagement is a tool for building relationships AND making decisions
- The best engagement is clear and honest about its opportunities and limits
- Assumptions are made to be challenged
- More time is spent planning engagement than will ever be spent facilitating
- The “why” behind a person’s position is more important than the position
Learn more: northerntalent.ca
Jess Flahr – Jess Rose Designs
Jess Flahr is a graphic designer based in Saskatoon, SK. Her areas of expertise include illustration, layout and signage design, and logo design.
When Jess is not creating digitally you can find her painting, jamming tunes, or adventuring outdoors.
Learn more: https://flahrjess.wixsite.com/jessrosedesigns
Tara Yolan Mewis – Honey Cut Studios
Honey Cut Studios (HCS) is an all-woman video production company that focuses on dynamic storytelling. HCS provides high-end production at affordable rates.
This company specializes in corporate and product promotion, documentary storytelling, instructional video and animation. From concept to completion, they do it all in-house and in record time.
Learn more: honeycutstudios.com